The 2nd International Conference on Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler (CFBB02) was hosted by Tsinghua University, China, KOSPO-PNU CFBC Research Center & Pusan National University, Korea in 19-23, July. 2019. in Qingdao, China. Professor Chung-hwan Jeon of Pusan National University and Professor Junfu Lyu of Tsinghua University hosted the conference as chairmen. About 240 representatives from China, Korea, Sweden, Italy, Japan, and India participated in this conference. Almost all universities and research institutes, power plants, manufacturers and auxiliary equipment suppliers related to circulating fluidized bed boilers around the world participated in the conference.
CFBB02 consisted of the technical presentation, youth forum, technical tour, award ceremony, and concert.
After the opening ceremony on the 20th, Professor Bo Leckner of Sweden Chalmers University of Technology gave a plenary lecture under the theme of Developments in FBC of solid fuels. Then, there were 17 invited speeches related to the circulating fluidized bed. There were a variety of topics across the industry, including cases of power plant operation failures and improvements, manufacturers’ boiler design plans, the latest research results from universities and research institutes, and new technologies for auxiliary equipment.
On the evening of the 20th, the award ceremony and the special violin concert on the theme of “energy and environmental protection” were successfully held at the Qingdao Oriental Film Capital Theatre. Professor Guangxi Yue from Tsinghua University presented the 83-year-old Professor Bo Leckner with the Special Contribution Award for Fluidization. Professor Fabrizio Scala presented awards to the three best paper winners, namely Runxia Cai from Tsinghua University, Dongfang Li from Pusan National University, and Zhuo Liu from Chongqing University. After the award ceremony, the world-renowned violin master Xiang Chen and piano master Mattieo Fossi presented an elegant auditory feast to the audience.
In CFBB02, the youth forum session, which was not present in CFBB01, was additionally operated. The participants had time to present their submitted papers and answer questions. And the best papers were selected.
On the 21st, there was a technical tour. In the morning, some participants went to Qingdao Songling Power Environmental Equipment Co., Ltd. to visit and study. In the afternoon, the participants exchanged technology with Huadian Group’s Zibo Power Plant, a representative fluidized bed power plant in China. Zibo Power Plant has a 2×145MW fluidized bed boiler, and since it started commercial operation in 2002, through continuous improvement on its own, it has won many awards in competitions in China for its excellent operation and maintenance level. Korea Southern Power conducted in-depth exchanges with Zibo Power Plant on environmental pollutant emission reduction, long-term stable operation, and on-site sanitation management.
On the last two days of the conference, participants toured the Zaokuang Fluidized Bed Power Plant in Zaozhuang, China to exchange technology. The Zaokuang Power Plant has one 350MW supercritical boiler with the latest fluidized bed technology from Dongfang Boiler in China. The overall operation stability and eco-friendliness of the boiler are excellent by using the uniformity-enhanced design. Korea Southern Power had in-depth exchanges with the Zaokuang Power Plant on bottom ash treatment equipment, fly ash utilization plan, and power generation cost reduction.
Topics of Invited Speeches
- Developments in FBC of solid fuels / Bo Leckner (Chalmers Univ., Sweden)
- International collaboration strategy between PNU-KOSPO CFBC Research Center and China / Chung-hwan Jeon (Pusan National Univ., Korea)
- Operation optimization of secondary air in a 300 MW CFB boiler / Leming Cheng (Zhejiang Univ., China)
- Combustion efficiency and emission characteristics in a 0.1 MWth Oxy-CFBC system / Jihong Moon (Institute of Energy Research, Korea)
- R&D on Oxy-CFB at Southeast University, China through pilot study / Lunbo Duan (Southeast Univ., China)
- A study on the hydrodynamics of a circulating fluidized bed boiler: improved prediction of axial solid volume fraction in 1D simulation / Uendo Lee (Univ. of Science and Technology, Korea)
- The characteristics of NO and N2O emissions during O2/RFG combustion with high oxygen concentration in a 1MWth pilot-scale Oxy-fuel circulating fluidized bed / Shiyuan Li (IET, CAS, China)
- Update status and prospect of biomass and waste fired power generation in China / Man Zhang (Tsinghua Univ., China)
- Attrition of limestone during fluidized bed calcium looping cycles for CO2 capture / Fabrizio Scala (Univ. of Naples Federico II, Italy)
- Research on optimization of desulfurization control for CFB unit / MingMing Gao (North China Electric Power Univ., China)
- IHI’s CFB business with environmental friendliness / Shuzo Watanabe (IHI, Japan)
- Characteristics of wood-pellet co-firing in a 550MWe Samcheok CFB boiler / Seok-Gi Ahn (Korea Southern Power Co., Korea)
- A design scheme of 660MW ultra-supercritical CFB boiler / Fengjun Wang (Harbin Boiler Co., Ltd., China)
- Design and research of 660MW advanced ultra-supercritical circulating fluidized bed technology / Jiayi Lu (Dongfang Boiler Group Co., Ltd., China)
- Development and innovation of supercritical CFB boiler technology of shanghai boiler Co. Ltd. / Feng Xiao (Shanghai Boiler Co., Ltd., China)
- CFB boiler bottom ash cooling and handling system / Chase Xue (Qingdao Songling Power Environmental Equipment Co., Ltd., China)
- The new type of coal water slurry-fired CFB and its application in clean district heating / Huazhong Zhan (Qingdao Clear Environment Group Co., Ltd., China)
- The application of the comprehensive anti-abrasion technology with alloy cladding and cladding plus in CFB boiler industry / Xuemin Qi (Harbin Keneng Cladding Technology Co., Ltd, China)