The 4th International Conference on Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler (CFBB04) was held in 27-28 Nov. 2021 and hosted by Chongqing University. Because of the impact of the epidemic, CFBB04 adopts the form of online participation. Experts and scholars in the field of energy and power from relevant universities in China, Korea, Canada, Sweden, Poland, Australia, Italy, and other countries have conducted extensive and in-depth academic exchanges, and there were more than 560 registered accounts participating in the conference through Zoom and Tencent Meeting.
At the opening ceremony of the conference, Professor Yue Guangxi of Tsinghua University in China, Professor Lothar Reh of ETH Zurich, and He Wei, Deputy General Manager of Dongfang Electric Group Dongfang Boiler Co., Ltd., gave opening speeches for the conference. Then, there were 9 invited speeches related to the circulating fluidized bed.
CFBB04 also included the Industry Forum, the Scholar Forum, and International Dialogue.
In the industrial forum session, the three major domestic electric groups – Dongfang Electric Group, Harbin Electric Group, and Shanghai Electric Group all attended the conference and gave strong support to the conference. China’s 660 MW ultra-supercritical CFB demonstration unit, China Guineng Group Hezhang Power Co., Ltd. also shared the scheme, design optimization, and latest progress of the 660 MW ultra-supercritical CFB boiler.
At the Scholar Forum, 20 young scholars from Tsinghua University, Zhejiang University, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Chongqing University, Nanjing Institute of Technology, Changchun University of Technology, Taiyuan University of Technology, Qingdao University, and other universities made academic reports and shared their latest research results.
In addition, experts and scholars including Professor Bo Leckner, Professor Rafal Kobylecki, Professor Hairui Yang, and Professor Fabrizio Scala of University of Naples Federico II, Italy, focused on the “Development of CFBB under the background of carbon neutralization and carbon peak”. and “Scientific and engineering challenges in CFBB” to carry out the international dialogue, providing a new direction for the development of CFB boilers. This dialogue helped promote the CFB to better serve carbon neutralization and carbon peak.
Topics of Invited Speeches
- The evolvement of fluidization theories / Jesse Zhu (Western Univ., Canada)
- Study on heat transfer characteristics of sinter in the moving bed / Hairui Yang (Tsinghua Univ., China)
- Novel high efficiency fluidized bed combustion technology through oxygen carrier aided combustion (OCAC) / Lunbo Duan (Southeast Univ., China)
- Agglomeration in the bottom ash discharging chute in a 550 MWe CFB boiler / Dongfang Li (Pusan National Univ., Korea); Seokgi Ahn (Samcheok Thermal Power Plant, Korea)
- A review on bed particle agglomeration in CFB / Jianbo Li (Chongqing Univ., China)
- Research and development of Dongfang pure biomass fired circulating fluidized bed boiler / Yao Xiao (Dongfang Boiler Group Co., LTD, China)
- Highlights of the history of fluidized bed conversion of solid fuels / Bo Leckner (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
- Some recent remarks on the operation of CFB combustion in Poland / Rafal Kobylecki (Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland)
- Solids and gas mixing in the transport zone of circulating fluidized bed boilers / David Pallarès (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)